Technical fabrics or leather for the welder?
Everyone knows that the leather is the most economical protection PPE that exists for the welder, and that the protection it provides to the user is more than acceptable, but, someone can do the idea of what it means to be inside a complete welding fabric PPE made of this material?
Welders, on more than one occasion, should be protected more from the risks caused by colleagues who are working around them than by the risk caused by what he is doing.
When we decide to use the leather, we are always talking about aprons that in most cases simply cover the front of the operator.
Our proposal is to use resistant fabrics that comply with the corresponding European standard EN 11611. Fire retardant fabric with ceramic finishes can provide the worker with greater protection and better comfort. In the end we are talking about protective clothing to small splashes of incandescent metal, and although these in most cases always fall to the ground. Certain positions of the welder during welding pose us to get solutions that protect the operator in its entirety.
LEATHER/ SPLIT LEATHER Pros and cons:
- Bad smell due to lack of perspiration.
- Which does not allow the operator adequate mobility.
- Making a complete set implies a high degree of discomfort.
- When the operator must weld in different positions the apron can expose the welder.
- It has a bad solution regarding its maintenance and destruction at the end of use It is economical It has a good protection factor.
TECHNICAL WELDING FABRIC Pros and cons
- Optimal protection.
- The complete equipment (diver or jacket and pants) allows the mobility of the operator.
- It can be washed at home. It is a less economical solution.
- Greater comfort.
- Being always talking about a complete garment, the welder always your entire body is protected.
In complicated operations a supplement in protection is always advisable and the combination of both elements can be the perfect solution.
Welder protection equipment is advisable to be for the entire body.